The Mobile App for Learning Jiu-Jitsu
BJJ students learn from collections of short-form videos, (i.e. mini-instructionals). Instructors generate revenue from students that purchase these collections using in-app payments. Academies can publish their private training programs for their members.
Our mission is to systematize Jiu Jitsu - the techniques, training programs and business operations of BJJ academiesOur short-term goal for 2023 is to make learning Jiu-Jitsu more efficient. We do this by publishing collections of short-form videos (mini-instructionals) from great instructors around the world within a mobile app that is enabled with tools that facilitate learning.Contact us, if you are an instructor and would like to submit your mini-instructional, i.e. collection of structured short-form videos.Systematic Jiu-Jitsu is run by entrepreneurial BJJ enthusiasts. For more info about the founder, check out his LinkedIn profile. We have a list of co-founders & advisors made up of developers, analysts and BJJ instructors - who will all be listed soon.Follow @systematic_jiujitsu for the latest news and subscribe to our newsletter - no spam only the good shit!
Whether you are having trouble with the app or would like to send us feedback, please contact us using one of your preferred methods below. Please take a few seconds to sign up for our newsletter
TERMSEffective Date: 14 November, 2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.Interpretation
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.Definitions
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Bigwig Media Ltd, 39 Bowline Court, Durham Wharf Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, England, TW8 8FB.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Service refers to the Systematic Jiu Jitsu Mobile App or Website.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- Website refers to Systematic Jiu Jitsu, accessible from https://www.systematicjj.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.Acknowledgment
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.Termination
We may terminate or suspend Your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately.Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, the entire liability of the Company and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Terms and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Company or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if the Company or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law."AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company, on its own behalf and on behalf of its Affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Company provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Company nor any of the company's provider makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or (iv) that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Company are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.Governing Law
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.Disputes Resolution
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident in.Severability
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.Waiver
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Terms shall not effect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.Translation Interpretation
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect information as necessary to operate effectively, provide and improve the products and services we offer, prevent fraud, communicate with you, and provide effective customer support. Such information may include:
- Demographic information, such as your gender or language preference;
- Usage information, such as information relating to your interaction with a game including your player ID, play history, purchases, and activities on our websites such as pages visited, browser type, time and date of visit to website, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits; and
- Device information, such as your unique device ID (persistent/ non-persistent), hardware, software, platform, and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
While most of this information comes directly from you, such as information you provide when you sign up for the service or information we automatically gather when you play our games, we sometimes receive information from third parties and affiliates, such as:
- Partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Advertisers, about your experiences or interactions with their offerings;
- Service providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location; and
- Social networking sites (“SNS”) (like Facebook and Twitter) and other similar third-party services that make users’ information available to others;
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and our services are not targeted at children.How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information to enable our operations and to provide our products and services, including:
- Verifying access rights to premium content or other access-restricted services and software;
- Providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions;
- Determining if your device meets minimum system requirements to use our products, and providing information concerning compatibility and interoperability;
- Delivering to you, and billing you for, our products and services;
- Providing interest-based advertisements including advertisements from our third-party advertising partners;
- Developing aggregated statistics that help us better understand how our products and services are used and how to market them;
- Improving our products and services, including fixing problems or improving the performance of features or content recommendations;
- Communicating with you, such as sending you messages concerning your account and customer service issues; asking you to participate in surveys; and delivering news, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers.How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use the following controls to protect your personal information:
- Secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your web browser to our servers;
- Do not store bank or credit card information locally: These are processed by commercial payment service providers such as Apple or Google.
- Security controls to restrict access to databases housing personal information;
- Limited employee access to databases containing personal information and confidentiality requirements imposed upon employees who do have access;
We may disclose relevant information about our customers to our service providers in order for them to provide specific services for Bigwig Media. For example, Bigwig Media shares personal information with third-party payment processors for billing purposes and processes some of your personal information using third-party data center service providers such as AWS. Bigwig Media service providers are bound to keep all personal information they process confidential.Analytics Providers
We also use third-party analytics providers such as Game Analytics and Google Analytics to help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our games and websites. Analytics providers set or read their own cookies, or other identifiers on your device, and transmit events through which they can collect information about your use of our websites or games and those of other companies.Advertising Providers
We obtain services from third-party advertising companies to help ensure the advertisements about goods and services you see are likely to be of greater interest to you. These services currently include Google’s Admob, and also Unity, AdColony, Tapjoy and Facebook advertising platforms. Please note that you may opt out from any of these advertising providers by contacting us. In addition, certain partners such as Google and Facebook permit users to directly use their privacy settings to manage personal information and ad preferences.
The advertising companies we work with may also use third-party cookies and/or web beacons to collect a unique ID number in combination with information such as click stream information, browser type, time, date, and subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to this and other websites.
On mobile devices, these advertising companies sometimes collect and use advertising IDs provided by mobile operating systems, such as AAID and/or IDFA or IDFV. These advertising IDs can be controlled or reset through your mobile operating system's settings. Settings vary by device, but you will usually find advertising settings under "Privacy" or "Ads" in your device's settings. You may use these settings to remove personalization from the advertisements you see in your mobile devices.Third Party Partners
We may transfer your personal information in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of Bigwig Media.
We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products and services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection regulation, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
You may request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If automated processing of your personal data is based on a contract with you or your consent, you have certain rights to data portability;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing that occurred before its withdrawal); and
- You have a right to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- You may exercise those rights by using the controls described in the “HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION” section above, or by contacting us as described below.
When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.Contact Us About Privacy
39 Bowline Court, Durham Wharf Drive,
UKOr email either: